Saturday, January 17, 2015

White is for Magic - Thoughts before reading

Since I don't have the first book and Barnes and Noble no longer carries the series, I was left to read the second book of the series: White is for Magic.

It takes place one year after the first book. The main character is seventeen years old, her name is Stacey Brown, and she's having nightmares again about people being murdered.

That's the premise of this book which is described in greater detail on the back cover. All I remember about this book is that she's dating one of the guys who used to date her best friend. Then a new guy shows up and she cheats on her current boyfriend with him. There's some mystery behind the new guy, but he ends up being just like Stacey and they're basically soulmates.

I can't actually remember what the mystery is, who is in trouble, how exactly everything unfolds. I only remember one key scene in which Stacey and Jacob paint each others bodies as they practice a spell together and it gets pretty steamy. I was a young girl, so of course that part stood out to me and stuck with me.

I'm excited to begin reading this book. I have a feeling that I'll still love it because of nostalgia, but I probably will be less impressed with the skill of the writing. Hopefully it lives up to how much I've held it in my heart all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment