Right around the start of junior high I discovered the Young Adult section at Barnes and Noble. A book titled Blue is for Nightmares caught my eye and I quickly fell in love with it.
It's a series written by Laura Faria Stolarz about a young woman that practices wicca and has dreams which give hints to disasters that are to come. In each book, her dreams start again out of the blue and she has to struggle to figure out what they mean before whatever horrible event is supposed to take place. She uses her witchcraft and her friends to help her solve the mystery of her dreams in the nick of time to save whomever or whatever from disaster. There's a mix of love and friendship as well as evil and supernatural.
I read the first book several times and loaned it to a friend who never ended up returning it. I don't have the first book any more but I still have all the others in the series. I'm interested to see if I would still have such high praise for it, if the relationships still seem authentic, and if the story is still able to keep me on the edge of my seat. It's been so long that I don't even remember what happens in each book any more which I guess just makes it even better.
No comments:
Post a Comment